Awesome Love Stories
Thanks For Zing Channel for this Awesome Series.
- The Buddy Hug – This is the one where they wrap their arms around you and pat you on the back; the kind of hug your buddy might give you. It’s really more of a ‘let’s be friends’ hug. This usually comes right after someone says they don’t want to date you anymore. “But we can still be friends, right?”
- The Sleepy Shoulder Hug – This is the one where you wrap your arms around each other, and the girl lays her head on the guys shoulder and rests there awhile. For her, this means: “I feel safe in your arms.”
- The Polite Hug – This is the kind of hug where they act like they’re trying to hug you without touching you. It is usually accompanied by the ‘polite smile’. This means that either, this is your first date, and they’re undecided about you, or its your last date, but you haven’t found that out yet. Sometimes it’s both, all wrapped in one.
- The Bear Hug – You know this one. This the real thing; you wrap your arms around each other and hold on tight. What does this mean? I missed you – I adore you – I couldn’t wait to see you. Definitely a positive sign.
- The Quickie Hug – This one comes as they are about to run off in another direction without you; not in a bad way. It just means they are in a hurry and excited about what they are about to do or where they’re about to go, but didn’t want you to feel left out.
- The Unreciprocated Hug – Otherwise known as being given the cold shoulder. When you hug and they stand there like a stiff board with their hands hanging at their side, you can be pretty sure they are not happy with you.
- The Snuggle Hug – This one usually takes place on the couch in front of the TV or the fireplace. It means they are enjoying being with you and want to stay close to you. (Don’t spoil the moment by getting up to go to the bathroom.)
- The Squeeze Hug – This type of tight hug is more of a “I had lots of fun” hug, than a passion hug. It is kind of a “thank you, let’s do it again” message.
- The Waistline Hug – This ‘hug’ is usually done while walking together or standing together. You both have an arm around the other one’s waist. This type of hug generally means ‘we’re together’ or ‘we’re a couple’.
- The Hug and Twirl – What does this mean? This means he hasn’t seen you for a long time, and he’s really happy to see you. You lucky girl, you!
There’s the list. Look it over. You’ve probably seen or experienced every one of them at some time or other. Which hug is your favorite?
In a few hours, we will be seeing each other at the altar, dressed to the nines, feeling like the two most special people in the world, and making a promise with our personally written wedding vows just like we planned. I am writing this now amidst the chatter and cheer of friends and relatives that have come to spend this special day with us. At the risk of smudging my well-made up face, I write to you my fears, hopes, and love.
Even having known you for many years, I still fear that we might still discover something about each other that will make us rue the day we said yes to each other. It is my hope however that we will be able to see beyond each other’s faults which I’m sure are many. Let our love help us recognize our faults and encourage us to change for the better.
I’m not sure if I can be the perfect wife to you and mother to our children. All I can promise is that I will try to be a good wife and mother as perfection is much too stressful and unattainable. Let our love be a way for us to attain perfect acceptance instead of the work and responsibility required to have a good marriage.
I cannot assure you that I will not gain weight and not have bulges at all the wrong places through time and several children. I do promise however to continually strive to become the beautiful human being you would want to spend the rest of your life with. I know my love for you will not see the baldness and protruding belly which my eyes will see, that much I can also promise.
If anyone of us gets sick, let us please take care of each other. I will try my best not to, so I can take care of you and our children so please do the same. Let our love carry us through the difficult times of sickness towards healing.
In our advanced years, let us not be cranky and impatient with each other. When our memory fails us, let our love guide us back to remembering. Let our love bring us back to this day we have made our promise to each other to be together for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part.
My Dearest Jane,
I can still remember the first time I saw you. We were sitting across from each other at our favorite cafe. I couldn’t stop looking at you and was embarrassed each time our eyes met. You were waiting for a friend who was late, and I was catching a quick bite to eat before a business meeting. I remember the way you twirled your hair and stirred your coffee, the shy smile you gave me when you noticed me looking at you, and the blush in your cheeks as you pretended to check your phone. I knew I had to talk to you, and I did. I stood up, walked over, and told you how I would be kicking myself if I didn’t try to ask you out. Your blue eyes twinkled as you told me you were glad I did. I ended up being late for my meeting, but it changed my life forever, because you entered it at that moment, and I knew I never wanted you to leave. Five years later, you are still that same girl I can’t stop staring at across a room. That same girl I want to talk to until I’m late for a meeting. That same girl who makes me feel warm with her smile and the twirling of her hair. I can’t imagine my life without you—without your sense of humor, your caring nature, the random information you seem to know about everything, your beauty, and above all, your love. I can’t imagine not having that in my life, and I never want to imagine it. You do so much for me that I can’t even begin to express how appreciative I am. Five years of marriage with you has flown by in the blink of an eye, and I’ve loved and cherished every second of it. I can’t wait to build our family, to continue building our love, and to continue having you in my future,my Janey Jane.
Happy anniversary, my love!
Always and forever,
I write this letter to my unborn child from the depths of my soul.
I never thought I would be chosen for such an awesome task.
It is a greater blessing than what I ever could ask.
I can almost imagine you in my mind.
Beautiful, Happy, Bouncing, flashing a smile so kind.
Feeling you flutter is a sensation like no other.
It does wonders for the joy of this soon-to-be-mother!
You create a glow in me I never knew I would see.
It is true happiness that sets me on cloud nine manifested deep inside of me!
You’re my baby, my child, my heart, and my wonder.
I pray we create a bond that no one can put asunder.
You’re a designers’ original! A creation from the King!
I can hardly wait for you to enter the world and see the joy you bring.
Sweet baby of mine, you’re a magnificent gift from above.
Living proof of how your father and I have shared our love.
I hope you have your fathers’ eyes
Then you will go into the world able to look at all things wise.
I hope you inherit my ability to plan.
With that you will be able to face all things in life as a strong woman or man.
I hope you receive from your father his selfless ways.
For this the Heavenly Father will bless you, as he did him, all of your days.
I hope you learn from me, spirit and let no one take it.
Believe me you will need it in life, and many will try to break it.
But with that spirit you must have your father’s center.
With that you will be cautious of any door you enter.
I want you to have my curiosity.
There’s nothing wrong with questions you may blurt!
But receive your fathers’ discernment,
so you’ll know when to let go before getting hurt.
Have my big heart; know what emotions are and how to be real.
Share your fathers’ strength so you can handle what you feel.
Share my sense of humor! Laugh a lot it helps you through life.
Share your fathers’ sense of duty. Know how to be serious and take strife.
I’m emotional so I tell you its okay to blubber once and a while like your Mom.
But learn to develop what your father has; an excellent sense of calm.
But most of all the things I wish for your father and I to share.
I wish we teach you to love, respect, strength of mind, and to care.
These are my feelings, wishes and hopes for you.
You make my heart and soul sing!
I welcome you to the world and thank you for the joy,
my little queen or king.